Request Commercial Garage Door Service
Schedule Your Commercial Service!
We are conveniently located in Ankeny, Iowa, providing garage door repair and service to the greater Des Moines area, Ames, and much of the state of Iowa.
Emergency service is available by calling the office at any time.
Phone – 515-963-0989
|Weekdays||7:00 AM – 5:00 PM|
• Knowledgeable, professional technicians
• OSHA certified
• Ongoing industry training
• Service & Support
• Residential Garage Door Service
• Commercial Service
Rolling Steel Fire Door Drop Testing
NFPA 80 and Model Codes require the inspection and testing of fire doors to demonstrate proper operation, full closure and proper reset.
- Visual Inspection – Tech will conduct a visual inspection for anything that may cause a hazard or affect proper operation or resetting.
- Operational Check – Tech will test normal open and close function of the door and correct any door imbalance, replace or damaged parts that may create a hazard or cause the door to function improperly.
- Drop Test – The door will be drop tested to confirm that the fire door will close automatically during a fire emergency. The average closing speed must be between 6″ and 24″ per second.
- Reset the Door – The door will be reset per the manufacturer’s instructions, drop tested for a second time and reset again.
- Drop Test Form – The proper forms and paperwork will be filled out for the customer’s file and a verification letter sent if required.